Monday, February 06, 2006

SSS's

As a starting point, I'd like to introduce the Surreal Short Story (SSS for short) concept. Is it a new, original idea in the world of story telling? Doubtful, but who cares? Basically, I write anything that pops into my head, sometimes triggered by a title, sometimes just an excuse to write fun words and just enjoy the English language. Mostly, it covers for my lack of discipline in telling any story longer than a few sentences (but don't tell anyone :) In fact, the beauty of an SSS is that it doesn't need to make any sense at all.

I've written dozens of SSS's over the years, and while my plan in writing them was always that they were a special, unique gift to the recipient, I think the statute of limitations has passed on them... well, actually I just think that the friends who I've shared them with wouldn't mind if they also saw the brighter light of day. So I'll be posting a whole bunch of SSS material which is new to all but the original owners, and some of which might actually be fun to read. Some (most?) of it is certainly dull, boring crap, but that's really why you're reading this blog anyway, isn't it? Can't get enough of that wonderful refuse :)

1 comment: