Saturday, April 07, 2007

Veronica Mars

I managed to squeeze a little extra patience out of myself for this picture, although I still don't think I hit the mark as far as likeness goes. I do like it as a stand-alone picture though, if not compared to the original photo.

First the framework, to hopefully avoid the worst mistakes early...

I then changed away from the framework for the head/hair almost immediately as I added detail, and had to redraw the face a number of times to get the proportions OK...

Shame I didn't notice the pattern until I got this far into the picture. But my laziness was overcome, and I added more detail...

Similarly, was going to leave the T-shirt white, but trying hard to get a matching look. Voila!

And here's where I sat to draw it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment