Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guess who?

Rather than spoon feed you with the name of my subject, I thought I'd test out my accuracy by getting others to guess who I've drawn :) To be honest, I'll be stunned if anyone works this one out.

I'm actually genuinely pleased with the end result here. While I tend to think I'd prefer more realism, I'm not sure that is really what I'm aiming for. I guess I'm more trying to convey the beauty in my chosen subjects, without necessarily being restricted to accuracy. That's what photos are for! So if you don't know who this is, that's totally fine, as long as you see something in it that you like :)

Here are the intermediate pictures, each of which I would have been happy to stop at:

2 comments:

  1. I think I recognise her but can't place her. Is it someone I would recognise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you'd definitely know who it is. If I don't get guesses soon, I'll have to start offering hints :)

    ReplyDelete